PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number (including work and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number/company payment details
- Social media account ID
- Country of residence
- Usage information
- Device and browser data
- Information from page tags
- Log Data
- Referral information
- Information from third parties and integration partners.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Sites: We may collect Personal Information through the Sites, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter or request a quote.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you contact customer service or our sales team.
- Usage information: We collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our websites and services. This includes which web pages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, what language preference you have, and so on.
- Device and browser data: We collect information from the device and application you use to access our services. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. If you on a mobile device we also collect the UUID for that device.
- Information from page tags: We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by North Gas include page tags that allow the sender to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them.
- Log Data: Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps.
- Referral information: If you arrive at our websites from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties and integration partners: We collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us or where you have made that information publicly available online.
HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your enquiries and fulfil your requests, such responding to your questions.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the Sites, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- To provide you with updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions and programs and to send you invitations to participate in special programs.
- To re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while.
- To send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and from our promotional and strategic partners.
- To personalise your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as analysing and managing our businesses, market research, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Sites, improving our services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the Site experience and content based on your past activities on the Sites, and gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We are also not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organisations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including in connection with any Personal Information you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
We use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
CHOICES AND ACCESS
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING OUR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
- If at any time you wish to stop receiving phone, mail and email marketing communications from us, please just let us know by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contacting Us” section or by using the unsubscribe feature in the marketing email you received. In your request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us.
- In addition, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, for the third party’s direct marketing purposes if we have received and processed a request from you that your Personal Information not be shared with third parties for that purpose.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavour to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CHANGE OR SUPPRESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, please email, call or write to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contacting Us” section and clearly describe your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We ask that you not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
- You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may call us at 0191 4353525